At Mission Partners, we are committed to justice—equitable access to opportunities, privileges, and wealth, and our clients are often on the forefront of this work. We believe that without a commitment to justice and anti-racism, our communities and our country will never achieve its full potential.
Mission Partners has a commitment to racial justice and equity—the understanding and acknowledgement of historical and ongoing racial injustice and a commitment to actions challenging those inequities—is a core tenet of our work and will be embedded in the development, structure, analysis, and process of this project.
Because of our commitment to a racially just and equitable systems, we are working strategically and collaboratively to:
- Maintain a racial equity lens in our organization’s strategic planning, policy and priority setting process, and issue area strategy and implementation work;
- Build pathways to increase participation and leadership of people of color within our organizational structure;
- Eliminate adverse outcomes and barriers derived from the systems of oppression within our work and our communities;
- Actively challenge policies and systems that perpetuate white supremacy, oppression, discrimination and inequities;
- Engage in and support the efforts of organizations led by those most affected by inequities and strengthen our role as an effective partner to those organizations;
- Create an ongoing dialogue to explore key concepts including cultural, structural, and institutional racism, white privilege, racial equity; and community partnership, especially in the context of our issue areas.
For a detailed look at how we advance equitable practices in our workforce, including pay equity, advancement opportunities, leadership training, and wealth distribution, please read our Race Equity Action Plan and quarterly updates on our progress against the plan, which you can find on our blog.