Mission Partners’ commitment to racial justice and equity—an understanding and acknowledgement of historical and ongoing racial injustice and a commitment to actions challenging those inequities—is a core tenet of our work and is embedded in our structure, analysis, and policy development and processes.
Because of our commitment to racially just and equitable systems, we work strategically and collaboratively to:
- Build a racial equity lens into our organization’s strategic planning, policy and priority setting process, and issue area strategy and implementation work
- Build pathways to increase participation and leadership of people of color within our organizational structure
- Eliminate adverse outcomes and barriers derived from the systems of oppression within our work and our communities
- Actively challenge policies & systems that perpetuate oppression, discrimination and inequities
- Engage in and support the efforts of organizations led by those most affected by inequities and strengthen our role as an effective partner to those organizations
- Create an ongoing dialogue to explore key concepts including cultural, structural and institutional racism, white privilege, racial equity, and community partnership, especially in regard to the context of our issue areas.
It is our intent to hold ourselves accountable to these goals and actions and to continue to adhere to these values.