- Campaign Development + Activation
- Design + Creative
Since the war on poverty began in 1964, more than 2 million nonprofit organizations have been established, with similar missions to “break the cycle of poverty.” More than fifty years and billions of philanthropic gifts later, the poverty rate today is in fact worse than it was when the war began. Racism is a root cause of this crisis, and a report by the Center for American Progress found that Black, Brown and Indigenous households continue to have less access to stable and wealth-building jobs, good wages, and tax-advantaged forms of savings such as mortgages, loans, retirement benefits. Built from a family-centered and data-driven approach, Family Independence Initiative (FII) has been at the center of addressing this issue with a community-led movement that trusts and invests in the initiative of hard-working individuals and families to lift themselves out of poverty.
When the COVID-19 crisis hit, it accelerated the existing issues and brought forth new ones. FII, in partnership with Stand Together, quickly responded at the outset of the pandemic by deploying $100 million through FII’s UpTogether technology platform to over 200,000 households across all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia as part of the #GiveTogetherNow campaign. In order to capture the impact of these investments, FII launched a survey to determine people’s needs, learn how people used the funds, and gather information on where the long-term gaps for support remain. Mission Partners collaborated with FII to amplify their effective approach to tackling poverty, especially during COVID-19, with the Make Poverty Escapable campaign. The campaign was designed to spotlight real experiences of families during COVID-19 and challenge philanthropic and policy leaders to take action in support of economic mobility for all.
- Through a detailed audit, we crafted recommendations on how to create a strong, unified brand presence that creates reciprocal recognition between FII and its widely-recognized platform, UpTogether.
- From the survey findings, we developed the comprehensive COVID-19 Impact Report (CIR) detailing how FII utilized the UpTogether platform to invest directly in people, highlight outcomes, and provide a call to action for the work that remains.
- To expand FII’s digital presence and promote the CIR, Mission Partners launched a social media campaign, designed a landing page to house the report, and executed a virtual roundtable event featuring community partners and FII member families from Austin, TX and Boston, MA.
- Mission Partners built a strategy to help FII connect with market-based influencers, reach key audiences to spark new partnerships, and ensure FII was at the forefront of the national conversation around economic mobility
- The COVID-19 Impact Report has had over 4,500 unique views and allowed FII to leverage new partnerships, new funding sources, and share their approach with key audiences.
- FII saw increased social media engagement by 1-2x on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Relationships with key influencers were developed and sustained through targeted outreach, leading to new connections in FII’s pipeline from the sectors that matter most to their mission.
- FII’s internal capacity was increased, with Mission Partners serving as a natural extension of their team through social media content development and campaign execution
COVID-19 Impact Report
Make Poverty Escapable Landing Page
#MakePovertyEscapable Social Graphics