Mission Partners is a woman-owned strategic communications firm and Certified B Corporation based in Bethesda, MD. Our specialty lies in guiding purpose-driven organizations in realizing their greatest social impact. As a Certified B Corp, we pledge to foster a radically inclusive and richly regenerative economy. Our company voluntarily invests in meeting significantly higher standards of sustainability, governance and giving back to the community in our daily operations. At Mission Partners, we believe business is a force for good and we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds, so our team represents a variety of perspectives and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Communications + Research Fellow
Position: Communications + Research Fellow
Position Type: New
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: Bethesda, MD
Time Commitment: 12-15 hours per week; Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with an ideal start date between April 1-June 1. The position will be through August, with the possibility for extension.
Wage: Mission Partners is committed to paying a livable wage to all of its employees, Fellow pay starts at $16.84/hour
Summary: Mission Partners, a Bethesda, MD-based social impact and communications consultancy, is seeking candidates interested in its part-time time Communications + Research Fellow position. We are especially interested in applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to social justice, equity-building, and anti-racist practices.
Responsibilities of the Communications + Research Fellow include writing and editing, research, coordination of campaign project plans, media relations, and a supporting role in the execution of special events. A large portion of this fellowship will be focused on providing exceptional client service to a leading children’s health nonprofit. The fellow will experience every facet of working inside a mission-driven communications consultancy and will work in close coordination with members of the consultancy’s leadership team.
- Writing and editing (articles, op-eds, media pitches, etc.)
- Communications research
- Media relations
- Media monitoring and reporting
- Social media + digital content creation
- Event support, if applicable
- Administrative tasks and other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- At least 1 year of intern or work experience, either continuous or combined, in Communications, Media Relations, Public Policy, Marketing, Cause Communications, Journalism, or a related field
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of types of writing
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Interest in social impact communications
- A commitment to justice and equity
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality of work
- Ability to juggle different projects and prioritize accordingly
- Social media skills and knowledge of various publishing and analytics platforms
- Positive attitude, team player, eagerness to learn
- Prior experience in an agency setting or media relations is a plus, but not required
- Related higher education coursework
To Apply: Submit a well-written, one-page cover letter not to exceed 300 words, a resume not to exceed one page, and up to two writing samples to: email@example.com with the subject line: Communications Fellow.
About Mission Partners:
Mission Partners serves a range of organizations with one thing in common: a commitment to advance issues and causes that result in an equitable future for all. Our social impact and communications consultancy guides purpose-driven organizations in realizing their greatest social impact. Led by social impact consultant and nonprofit communications expert Carrie Fox, we understand what it takes to innovate and move forward big agendas that can result in measurable outcomes. In the past decade, we’ve counseled hundreds of nonprofit organizations across the U.S. and around the world, as well as the partners who fund and support their work. We’ve helped organizations refine their strategies, increase their impact and amplify their stories.
Mission Partners’ Public Benefit Statement:
To produce a positive effect for communities and their residents by creating more informed, effective and connected mission-driven leaders. By doing so, Mission Partners believes that it challenges long-held assumptions, elevates fresh thinking, and uncovers the hidden potential of people that together, lead to a more equitable future for all.
Mission Partners’ Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Equity:
Mission Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.