Position: Strategist (Full Time, based in Bethesda MD office)
Reports to: CEO
Summary: Mission Partners is seeking candidates interested in a full time strategist position with our Bethesda, MD-based consultancy. The individual chosen for this position will help to create and implement strategic communications and resource development campaigns for the firm’s wide range of mission-driven clients. The position requires an ability to analyze business and communications objectives and develop comprehensive strategies to achieve them. Candidates for this position must be able and willing to cross over into multiple industries, as business needs dictate. Prior agency experience preferred. Strategist will work in close coordination with members of the consultancy’s leadership team.
- Working with internal and client subject matter experts, craft overall communications strategies and campaigns for clients and play either a leading or supporting role in implementation. Support resource development campaigns with communications.
- Lead the development of new opportunities and/or story angles to pursue on behalf of clients and craft pitches/news releases and other communications to help in delivering client stories to relevant audiences.
- Pitch story angles to local, regional, and national media.
- Works closely with vendors (graphic design, social media, web, etc.) to ensure client campaigns are executed creatively, on time and within budget.
- Manage day-to-day client relationships, anticipating questions and needs and solving problems while thinking strategically about how to solve client communications challenges.
- Three years minimum experience working directly on mission-driven/social good projects or campaigns.
- Knowledge and understanding of for-purpose business management and challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, public relations, or related field.
- Experience working in a communications agency or similar environment.
- Proven ability to oversee mid to large-size client campaigns from initial strategy through tactical implementation.
- Ability to develop an overall media strategy from pitch angle development to the writing of pitches, news releases, op eds, and other communications elements as needed.
- Keen attention to detail, and strong writing skills; An ability to write in a variety of channels and mediums (op-eds, business strategies, newsletters, speeches, public statements).
- Strong organizational skills, familiarity with project management, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with and understanding of digital communications strategies and tools.
- Positive attitude and team player.
- Nonprofit or CSR experience a plus, but not required.
To Apply: Submit a one-page cover letter and resume to Ron Erickson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Time Commitment: 10-20 hours per week
Reports to: Strategist
Summary: Mission Partners is seeking candidates interested in its 2017 spring/summer fellowship program. Responsibilities of the communications fellows include media and competitive research, writing and editing, research, coordination of campaign project plans and a supporting role in the execution of special events. Two selected fellows will experience every facet of working inside a mission-driven communications consultancy, and will work in close coordination with members of the consultancy’s leadership team.
Mission Partners is seeking candidates interested in its 2017 spring/summer fellowship program. Fellows will experience every facet of working inside a mission-driven strategic consultancy, and will work in close coordination with members of the consultancy’s leadership team.
- Media research and analysis
- Issue analysis
- Media monitoring and reporting
- Social media content creation
- Writing and editing (articles, bylines, newsletters, etc.)
- Communications Audits
- Project management
- Event support, if applicable
- Administrative tasks and other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- At least 1 year of intern or work experience in Communications, Public Policy, Marketing, Cause Communications, Journalism, or a related field
- Experience with a variety of types of writing
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Interest in social causes
- Organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work fast and meet deadlines
- Social media skills and knowledge
- Positive attitude, team player, eagerness to learn
- Prior experience in an agency setting a plus
To Apply: Submit a well-written, one-page cover letter not to exceed 200 words, a resume not to exceed two pages, and a writing sample. Send Materials To: Sarah Schmidt, email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.