Mission Partners has the following part- and full-time social impact careers available.
Position: Communications + Media Relations Fellow
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per week
Reports to: Strategist
Wage: Mission Partners is committed to paying a livable wage to all of its employees, Fellow pay starts at $16.81/hour
Summary: Mission Partners is seeking candidates interested in its 2018 fall fellowship program. Responsibilities of the communications/media relations fellow include media and competitive research, writing and editing, research, coordination of campaign project plans and a supporting role in the execution of special events. The fellow will experience every facet of working inside a mission-driven communications consultancy, and will work in close coordination with members of the consultancy’s leadership team.
- Media pitching, research, and analysis
- Issue analysis
- Media monitoring and reporting
- Social media content creation
- Writing and editing (articles, bylines, newsletters, etc.)
- Communications Audits
- Project management
- Event support, if applicable
- Administrative tasks and other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- At least 1 year of intern or work experience in Communications, Media Relations, Public Policy, Marketing, Cause Communications, Journalism, or a related field
- Experience with a variety of types of writing
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Interest in social causes
- Organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work fast and meet deadlines
- Social media skills and knowledge
- Positive attitude, team player, eagerness to learn
- Prior experience in an agency setting or media relations is a plus
To Apply: Submit a well-written, one-page cover letter not to exceed 200 words, a resume not to exceed two pages, and a writing sample to: email@example.com with the subject line: Fall Communications Fellow.
Mission Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Partners complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.